Crafting Chavs

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pencil Skirt!

New Look 6874
I needed a versatile pencil skirt. I want more librarian-type clothes, so I plan on making some more blouses and skirts until it gets a little warmer.
There was a little problem with this skirt. Way too small. And not a little too small like the green dress. I think my bottom half isn't shaped for a straight skirt, I'm more A-line shaped.
So I could either scrap it or put in an extra panel on the side that basically says "I thought my ass was smaller than it is".

Hmmmm....so I decided to pleat the panel (it's hard to see in the picture) so it looks more decorative and less like a mistake. And I added a couple of buttons on the pocket yoke. Luckily it fits now, but I'll have to be careful when I make pencil skirts in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home