Crafting Chavs

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mom's (late) Mother's Day Socks

Crystal Palace Yarn Free Pattern
Found here
Yarn: Rowan 4-Ply 100% cotton
The amount of time it takes to make socks surprises me. Is it because of the skinny yarn? Making two of something? Those DPNs? It took me three months to make these.

Maybe now that I'm no longer a receptionist I don't have adequate knitting time.


I figured cotton would be more practical than the merino-bamboo-silk called for in the pattern, definitely not as luxurious, though.

The pattern was really easy to understand especially since this is my 2nd pair of socks. I want to try some knee-his next, even if they take me six months.

It's hard to model socks when there's no one there to take your picture. But you'll see them when you get them.

Happy belated Mother's Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Coco said...

As the receipient/wearer of these socks, I must say they are so comfortable and quite lovely!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home