Crafting Chavs

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Swedish Dress

McCalls 5972
Fabric from Stockholm
I was so excited to use my Swedish fabric. And a bit nervous, especially when I started to have some fitting issues. I wish I had it in me to make a practice dress out of muslin every time I sew. That's so boring, though.

If you didn't notice it the first time, look at how perfectly I cut out the plaid. That was the good part. The bad part is that I have problems with straight skirts because my waist-to-hip ratio makes me two different sizes on the top and bottom. So at first the skirt just fit, but the top was actually sagging over the waist seam. A little perseverance and four-letter words got me through it. Even on the simplest dresses I have problems somewhere.

And please note the cute little collar.

More stuff coming, but not until after Christmas ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home