Crafting Chavs

Friday, September 09, 2011

Blouse





I finished this today and am actually entering it here! I picked up this Vogue pattern, #V8747) and commented to Anna that "I hope it fits"; Vogue doesn't cater to plus sizes, I think. I also said I didn't like to use muslin as practice fabric because, if it fits, I have a shirt I can't wear anywhere. I had just picked up this fabric bolt on the clearance table, and put it back, not knowing what to use it on. Anna suggested I use clearance fabric instead of muslin, so I went back to this bolt.




Just in case, I used a 3/8" seam allowance; I will probably add a bit more width at the hip next time. But, considering I had this picture taken after pizza night, the shirt fits well. You might note the white contrast along the buttonhole facings. This is the result of this fabric being less than a standard 45" wide. I just could not fit another pattern piece on my cut. So, I used a leftover piece of white fabric I've had for ever so long.



I also used white buttons, sewing them on with brown thread, to match the fabric. This picture gives a better view of the gathering in the front of the blouse (the main reason I bought the pattern). You can also see the pattern of the fabric better.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home