Crafting Chavs

Monday, May 07, 2007

This dress was an adventure

It's not exactly perfect, but it's good enough. I got the fabric from Joann, and it was a "one seam dress", which means the top portion was smocked, so you just sew one seam and you get this tube dress that a five year old would wear. So I bought the fabric anyway, thinking I could still use the un-smocked part. And I attempted to be creative and modify the top part of one pattern and use a skirt from a different pattern. The end result was too puffy and too tight, if that makes sense. Next step was to rip it out and start over. Luckily, I had enough fabric left to cut out the corresponding skirt and put it together again. It's still about 2 inches shorter than I want it, but oh well. It turned out alright. The pattern is New Look 6557. I guess I won't try to modify any more patterns until after I take Patternmaking this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home