Crafting Chavs

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Stuff

I said there would be more after Christmas... Some Christmas cards for Jessica and Kristen. These are probably going to be my last post on cardmaking....I think you get the idea.
Mom's dress!
Stretch fabric from Joann
I haven't used stretch fabric in a long time, but now that I have a serger my relationship with it has improved. I still had to hand stitch the sleeve and skirt hem since I'm not a fan of rolled hems and normal stitching on jersey looks gross to me.
I deleted the wrong image on my camera, so you don't get to see the length. But, mom, if you want to take some pictures of you having fun in the dress, feel free to add :-)
Close up of the collar.
I think it turned out pretty well. The collar could have been better, but that's something I need more practice in anyway.

Dad's socks!
Easy pair of ribbed socks. And they only took me a month (instead of three months, like Mom's socks last spring). Dad almost got one normal sock and one pedicure sock, but luckily Hilltop had one more ball of this yarn so I could finish the toe on the 2nd sock.
I practiced some Fair Isle knitting yesterday, I haven't knit anything for myself this year (except for scarves, those don't count), so maybe that's up for 2010.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home