Crafting Chavs

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Custom pattern, custom belt

Self-Made pattern (with a little help from New Look 6872)
fabric from Hancock
I was getting sick of my jean skirts made from old pants, hence two denim skirts in a row.
I don't know if it was because I had all the time in the world, but this pattern was relatively painless. Normally I stay away from making my own patterns since they're so time consuming. I used the New Look pattern as a base but made the waistband narrower and cut the front pieces in half and added a band for the buttons.
I probably will never work with denim again, I broke about 6 needles, two of which were denim needles.
And this arrived in the mail last week:
My belt from Pat's Custom Belts! I got the catalog for Christmas and finally sent in my fabric. Didn't take more than a week and cost $18 including tax and shipping. I wasn't really sure what to do with this fabric, but I love it as a belt so I'm happy I never gave it to Goodwill.
Pat's at 209-369-5410 if you want a catalog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Coco said...

Clever girl with the skirt! I love the belt, as I know you do. What an enjoyable conversation I had with Pat when I ordered the catalog. Good on you for putting her information in your blog!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home