Crafting Chavs

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blue Dress Part 2




Originally, I planned to make an overdress to wear over the sleeveless blue dress (posted in August). I bought the material and picked out the pattern separately. When I opened the pattern to cut out the overdress material, I found that I only had 3 yards of material and the pattern called for 4.5. I had enough to cut out either the front or the back, but not both, and forget the sleeves. Before I bought another pattern, I went through my pattern collection and found that another dress on the blue dress pattern took less than 3 yards! I found a sleeve on another pattern that I could add to the existing sleeveless pattern! The dress is a bit formal for work wear; I should have lined the sleeve to make it less dressy. I also thought that I could have made a lined jacket for the blue dress, but that thought came too late.






I have included a picture of the dress I had originally planned to make, with a shot of the huge pattern piece.






Oh, and another thought: when I was going through my pattern collection, I found another reason to stop going to pattern sales without a list of patterns I already own.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bananna_AnnA said...

I like the sleeves unlined! Just throw a cardigan or something over it and you could wear it to work.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home