Crafting Chavs

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Teal with Black Detail







Anna gave me this material last year and I finally finished the dress. I started it less than a month ago and finished it today - just in time to wear out to dinner on Valentine's Day (also my 28th wedding anniversary). When I finished the bodice, I tried it on and found the neckline to be way too plunging for me! So, I came up with the insert (see detail picture). At first, I was going to just use the same black material as the cuffs and midriff; then, I remembered the black lace Anna gave to me. I used a piece of that on top of the teal of the dress, and I am quite pleased with the result. I did use snaps to attach it to the dress in case I want to swap it out with plain black, but I may never do that



The pattern is Butterick B5242.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home