Crafting Chavs

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Pleated Dress


Both Chav bloggers LOVE this pattern! I'm sure it will look much better on Anna's smaller frame but I like it on me, as well. I also appreciate Anna picking the fabric off my shelf as a good choice to use. It was easy to work with and holds the pleat well. I had to do a bit of prep before actually sewing this one; the size did not reach my requirements so I had to add some tissue to the pattern, and leave out a pleat and a couple of darts. Also, I thought the neckline was a bit low for my comfort, so I raised it by 3 inches. I read on the pattern that it's made to allow sewing this as a skirt, only, as well which I may try later. The pattern is McCall's M6433. The bodice requires lining (I used some blue I had left over) while the sleeves are lined in the fabric. Anna and I planned to start this the same day but I began a day early, while she was collecting laundry quarters. I am looking forward to seeing her version!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bananna_AnnA said...

It looks so good! And I'm jealous because mine is a disaster (too low in front, too high in back), so I don't think it's going to work out. I'll definitely have to take up the neckline like you did, good idea!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home