Crafting Chavs

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Red Coat




I finished the red peacoat, but not in time to take to Austin. I probably would not have worn it anyway. This is from Vogue V8346. The red corduroy is from a garage fabric sale we attended; I think it was $1 per yard, and I bought 10 yards. I thought I could make a matching pair of pants or a skirt, but the fabric is very skinny. The polka-dot lining is fabric I have had for some time; it may be from Jonnie's stash, or just some I bought awhile ago. I really love how the coat turned out! The bottom shape is peplum, and falls into folds (more noticeable in the back). I may add snaps to the inside front flap, so I can anchor the top button, but that might not ever be used. I never button the inside button of my purple peacoat, so I don't think I would snap the inside snap of this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home