Crafting Chavs

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bathrobe Extended






Anna gave me a lovely bathrobe for Christmas (here) that she created.  I love it except for the length.  When I sat down on a cold surface, well, it was a shock.  So, I decided to lengthen it. I won't bore you with the number of terry cloth bolts I looked at trying to find a compatible print (no success) so I looked for white.  I didn't want plain white, although it would have looked great with a pleat mimicking the pocket.  I found this style, continued to look for a print, and went back to this. 





Since it has texture, I did not include the pocket pleat (well, I decided it would be too much work).  I merely folded the length in half, sewed up the ends, and attached the entire piece to the bottom of the existing hem. It now falls to mid-calf. I didn't think it would be that long but I am happy to report, no more shocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home